Website Manager

Garner Baseball Inc

Garner Baseball Inc

The story of GBI began when 5 local churches of differing denominations saw a need in the Garner area for an organized summer activity for boys and decided to found Garner Baseball Inc in 1955.

Those original five churches were: 

  • Ebenezer United Methodist Church 
  •  Ernest Myatt's Presbyterian Church 
  •  Fellowship Baptist Church 
  •  Carolina Pines Baptist Church 
  •  Garner United Methodist Church 

 
Starting with approximately 60 boys, GBI has grown to more than 800 boys and girls playing America's favorite pastime. GBI Park is comprised of 4 ball fields and is anchored by Lions Field, the 1st official ballpark built for kids to play ball on for ages 12 and under. 
 
Lions Field was built on land dedicated to youth baseball by the Garner Lions Club. 
 
Penny Field was added in the early 1970s and is dedicated to the Penny family of Garner who generously donated the land to GBI. 

Austin Field was built in the 1980s and is dedicated to Mr. Cecil W. Austin. 
 
Rotary Field was opened for play in the spring of 2001. The field has been named in honor of the members of the Garner Rotary Club, which donated much of the money that went to purchase the land.


From our family to yours, we thank you for joining our league and providing a safe and fun outlet for our children to grow into the best and brightest Garner has to offer.



Contact

Garner Baseball Inc.
417 W. Main Street, PO Box 1266
Garner, North Carolina 27529

Phone: 919-779-6911
Email: [email protected]
Copyright © 2022 Garner Baseball, Inc.  |  Terms Of Use |  Privacy Statement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Log In